Saturday, June 9, 2012

Prepped and Ready to Go

Holy cow. I didn't know this diet would require me to eat a DOZEN egg whites a flipping day. My hubby went to the grocery with me and hugged me in the frozen veggies isle (after we'd finished my list) and said he was proud of me because he wouldn't go this extreme. Hahaha.

Spent an hour roasting sweet taters in about a teaspoon of olive oil. Grilled up some chicken strips (cooking spray used only). Thawed edamame. Steamed green beans. Boiled 18 eggs, pealed, separated (one of them came out bigger and red... it had a baby chicken in it... EWWWWW!!!) :) Seriously though.

I have meals for work for two days. I can't believe I made that much food for only 2 days!! Crazy.

I'm pumped though. Started practicing last week by trying to drink a gallon of water a day by 4pm. Difficult. But I felt great by the end of the week. Ironically I ruined it by drinking a large sweet tea (which I NEVER do... just wanted one). I came back to work and felt awful, so I purged it with water. By 4pm I felt back to normal. Kinda cool.

So, my meal plan for the week has the following options, although, for the sake of ease, I'll probably stick pretty closely to it:

Breakfast, 6:30am
4 scrambled egg whites
2 pieces of whole grain toast
Fruit (either half grapefruit (no sugar or maybe truvia) or a peach)

Snack, 9:30am
4 hard boiled egg whites
1 cup sweet potato

Lunch, 12:30pm
2 grilled chicken strips
1 cup sweet potatoes
1 cup green beans

Snack. 3:30pm
2 grilled chicken strips
1 cup sweet potatoes
1 cup edamame

Snack, 6:30pm
4 scrambled egg whites (if I'm even hungry at this point)
Fruit (strawberries or peach)

Dinner, 8:00pm(ish)
4 or so ounces of 99/1 lean turkey
3 tbsp verde salsa
Salad
2 whole wheat tortillas

Next week I'll branch out a bit. I love love love love roasted veggies, so I'll be doing an assortment next week. I also love rotisery chicken, albiet high in salt, and I love mashed califlower with vinegar. So I'll be incorporating those next week. I'm very excited.

Cheers to something new.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. I know that is a lot of egg whites. Maybe you can add some stuff in with the egg whites, such as veggies or seasonings. But you can do it. Remember, eating 6 small meals per day will boost your metabalism. I love you and am proud of your effort.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete