Tuesday, October 16, 2012

RENT

Ahh. The musical Rent is one of my favorites. I was slightly traumatized the first time I saw it as a Freshman at a relatively conservative Christian liberal-arts college. The scenes I found the most beautiful and moving, captivating humanity in its rawest forms, also made me blush and desire to crawl under my chair in shame for watching, reflecting beauty instead of repulsion. :) But, hey, I'm just liberal that way. Seeing beauty in the mess. (Or I feel much like the God of the book The Shack... either way...)

Rent is the plight of relationships and the realities of just living. Granted, the characters in Rent are dealing with harsher realities than I do. But, it feels like, lately, rent consumes my thoughts.

I accepted a job in a different town. But, we're technically stuck in our current lease. The red tape and the inability to work out a break-your-lease compromise is keeping me up at night. One night, in a fit of stress induced insomnia, I rolled over, sighed, and proclaimed to my husband: 'I think I want to go knock on the apartment managers apartment door, wake her up, and make her sit with me until I'm sleepy because it's her apartment that is keeping me awake.' He laughed, but I don't think he remembers a word I said. (He is sleeping fine these days...)

But, in an unrelated topic, I did want to share that over the past month Weight Watchers has been successful!! I've lost 11 pounds this month as of Sunday, October 14! I weigh in on Sundays. I've been working out when I can, but the job transition has made finding time difficult. The following two weeks, however, I will have off. I plan to buckle down and go in the mornings.

Thanks for continuing to follow this - if you do. Hopefully I'll post much more in the month to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment